A full-time Research Specialist position is available in the Confocal
Imaging Facility (CIF) laboratory in the Department of Molecular Biology at
Princeton University. The CIF provides support for Princeton University
faculty and student research utilizing multiple imaging modalities. This
position reports directly to the Facility Director. This is a 2-year term
position with the possibility of renewal.
*Responsibilities of the Confocal Imaging Facility Research Specialist
• Train and assist with the execution of complex and routine widefield and
confocal experiments with users (students, post-docs and faculty). Orient
new users to the lab and directly contribute to the successful daily
operation of the facility.
• Consult with users (students, post-docs and faculty) concerning assay
development and appropriate instrument application/optimization.
• Perform daily and weekly quality control checks on all microscopes. Keep
accurate, legible records to monitor instrument performance. In concert
with Facility Director, complete scheduled and unscheduled system
maintenance as needed.
• Assist in maintaining instrument/experiment calendars and become expert
in the use of iLab scheduling software.
• Archive all facility data and maintain workstation computers.
• Other duties as assigned by the CIF Director.
- Master's degree in a scientific discipline and 4-6 years previous
experience in a laboratory experience are required.
- Previous imaging/confocal knowledge and hands-on experience with
routine and advanced multi-dimensional experiments is required.
- The candidate should have: strong interpersonal and communication
skills, both written and verbal; independent critical thinking and problem
solving ability; flexibility; and excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment and the ability
to work independently is required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Gary Laevsky, Ph.D.
Director, Confocal Imaging Facility
Nikon Center of Excellence
Co-Founder, North Atlantic Microscopy Society (NAMS)
https://namsmicroscopy.com/ Dept. of Molecular Biology
Princeton, New Jersey, 08544-1014
(O) 609 258 5432
(C) 508 507 1310