Hello everybody, please feel free to pass this on to anybody that may be interested
Junior Digital Microscopy Technician Opening at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center’s Molecular Cytology Core Facility
The Molecular Cytology Core Facility (MCCF) at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center seeks a Junior Digital Microscopy Technician. The MCCF is equipped with state of the art imaging systems including Leica SP8 confocal microscope equipped with white-light laser and APDs, Zeiss LSM880 with Airy Scan, and Zeiss widefield fluorescence microscope for fast ratio imaging, as well as an Atomic Force Microscope. A number of widefield and confocal systems are equipped with live imaging capabilities. MCCF also assists in image processing and analyses using software like Metamorph, Imaris, AutoDeblur, FIJI, MATLAB and others.
• Train and assist users with imaging equipment.
• Assist in post-acquisition processing and analysis of the data, writing scripts and macros in order to automate the analysis.
• Maintain, calibrate, and monitor the performance of imaging systems.
• Evaluate the newest hardware and software technological advances and equipment.
• Conduct individual and collaborative research projects.
• Assist in lab projects and work with histology component of the lab to study new techniques in histological sample preparation.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology or a related field and a strong background in computing are required, also familiarity with scientific imaging and image processing concepts.
• Experience in research working with advanced fluorescent microscopy and confocal microscopy is preferred, but training will be provided.
• Experience in systems administration in Windows operating system environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with users, vendors, engineers, and staff. Teaching or tutoring experience preferred.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong organizational skills, flexibility in working hours and ability to multi-task are required as well.
The Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center is one of the top ranked leading cancer research centers and located in Upper East Side of Manhattan. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and an excellent working environment.
Please e-mail your CV and cover letter to Madeline Leung, [hidden email]<http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/leungm@...>