To join, leave or search the confocal microscopy listserv, go to:
Post images on http://www.imgur.com and include the link in your posting.
We have a lead EM scientist position available at the Salk Institute’s Waitt Advanced Biophotonics Center. Please spread the word far and wide and apply if you are interested: https://careers.salk.edu/staff?pid=1107
Laboratory/Department: The Waitt Advanced Biophotonics Center
The Waitt Advanced Biophotonics Center serves as a state-of-the-art research hub within the Institute, enabling investigators from across many disciplines to gain unprecedented insight into the inner workings of cells and tissues.
Position serves as the Lead Electron Microscopy (EM) Scientist, and provides core/lab management support. This position has a primary role as lead specialist for electron microscopy services and related research activities within the core. This position also involves providing assistance with the management of core resources and employees to assure best practices are carried out with respect to core operations, use of sophisticated core equipment and execution of core services. The position provides advanced level support for training and execution of EM-based experiments within the core. Responsibilities include but not limited to: oversight of EM equipment usage, providing EM equipment related trainings, providing services and consultations related to EM projects, establishing EM sample prep and image acquisition protocols, EM project trouble-shooting, and providing hands-on service to EM users. This position also has a primary role in coordinating EM equipment maintenance and scheduling repairs, oversight of inventory and ordering, overseeing lab safety protocols and practices, assisting with generation of recharges, and providing relevant support for grant applications, progress reports, and support for the development and design of training programs, workshops, and seminar series when appropriate.
* PhD in chemical, biological, biophysical sciences or biomedical engineering.
* 5 years Biological, biophysical sciences, or biomedical engineering experience.
* 3-5 years of Electron Microscopy Experience.
* Experience with tissue preparation and histology experience.
* Demonstrated experience with general lab maintenance, including cleaning, stocking supply inventory, and ensuring the maintenance of a sterile environment.
* Experience analyzing and interpreting data. Experience designing new experiments as new techniques are established.
* Experience with writing grant applications for shared user and/or core facilities.
* Experience training and advising staff on research techniques, including writing and editing detailed protocols.
* Previous experience in a supervisory/managerial role within a laboratory setting.
* Experience in a Core Facility environment.
* Experience with advanced EM sample preparation methods.
Uri Manor, Ph.D.
WAITT ADVANCED BIOPHOTONICS CORE
PH (858) 453-4100 x2119
E [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
Please report any publication that used BPHO Core resources appropriately: Waitt Foundation and Core Grant applications NCI CCSG (CA014195) and NINDS Neuroscience Center (NS072031).
Sign up for Biophotonics updates here<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lists.salk.edu_mailman_listinfo_bpho-2Dusers&d=CwMGaQ&c=WO-RGvefibhHBZq3fL85hQ&r=ndYFn6yn-BBEeEOTJy3i9Vdc1Zp7o7UDm7paRHTfdmA&m=VBLWlEpQzvZaiwOCcktLsl10KYoSDLsHNeAnRfOAjDY&s=bEa6lJiUIhYKEw2CAJ0_X-pX4ulvI0MCa-j_P33H15U&e=>.
Salk Institute for Biological Studies
10010 N Torrey Pines Rd • La Jolla, CA 92037
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|