Next week is a week of action for all those coming to mmc2017, the Microscience Microscopy Congress incorporating EMAG.
mmc2017 is taking place in Manchester from 3-6 July 2017 and Friday 19 May is your last chance to take advantage of the Early Bird Booking rates for the conference, pre-congress workshops and the satellite meetings. mmc2017 is the flagship event of the Royal Microscopical Society and student members of the RMS, MSI, SMG and EMAG can attend the full three days of the international conference for as little as £95.
We have extended the original early bird deadline to allow speakers and poster presenters extra time to register.
Monday 15 May is your last chance to submit a late-breaking poster abstract allowing your work to be featured in the scientific programme.
The international mmc2017 conference will host six daily parallel sessions covering both life and physical sciences using a range of techniques including LM, EM , SPM and X-ray microscopy, headlined by an impressive line-up of Plenary Speakers from across the world. The variety and collaborative nature of the scientific programme is thanks to the number of popular, smaller meetings taking place at mmc2017. This year we are welcoming; EMAG 2017, Frontiers in Bioimaging, SPM 2017 and sessions from the Microscopy Society of Ireland and the Scottish Microscopy Group.
The Early Bird registration rates also apply to the mmc2017 pre-congress workshops
- Practical tips for Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) imaging and spectroscopy
- Using ImageJ/Fiji for microscope image processing and analysis
- Using Photoshop to Prepare Scientific Figures
- Image Processing and Simulation of High Resolution STEM/TEM Data
As part of your conference registration, you can also choose to attend one of the free satellite meetings.
- Cross Disciplinary EM and LM Meeting
- FIB and EM Prep User Group Meeting
- NEUBIAS BioImage Analyst Community Meeting
Finally, you can extend your mmc2017 experience by attend one of the additional events taking place
- Optical Inspection for Industrial Measurements seminar from the BMTA, Thursday 6 July at Manchester Central
£60 incl. lunch and refreshments. See www.mmc-series.org.uk/bmta-seminar
- Super-resolution Workshop, Friday 7 July at University of Leeds
£30 incl. lunch and refreshments. See www.rms.org.uk/super-resolution
For full details of all of the above plus the huge exhibition, company workshops and the Learning Zone visit -
With more abstracts submitted, more conference sessions and more exhibitors, mmc2017 incorporating EMAG is shaping up to be a great event. Make sure that you are a part of it!